2.27.2008

Bayside Tigers


Yesterday I picked up the shirts I ordered for my volleyball team and I am so excited! Isn't the logo fabulous? The Y has an adult volleyball league so I rounded up some coworkers and friends and we formed a team and we call ourselves the Bayside Tigers. That's right! We've only had one game and one practice so far because everything last week got cancelled due to the ice. But our first game went pretty well considering most of the team has either never played, or hasn't played since high school. We think the rest of the teams might be a little hard core though based on the fact they have matching uniforms and kneepads and do synchronized calisthenics and drills before the games. (Call me crazy.) They also don't look a day over 17, which is funny considering this is an "ADULT" league. Oh well, we have no problem being the old farts going out there to get our butts kicked just as long as it's fun. Heck, these kids have probably never even seen Saved By the Bell. I'll let you know how our game goes tomorrow! "I'm so excited...I'm so excited....I'm so....scared!!"
Artwork by Creator Designs, Inc. , Springfield, MO

4 comments:

Christen said...

I hope you spike it down on the 17-year-olds!

April said...

Is Kelly Kapowski going to be your cheerleader? Maybe AC can come too :)
That's funny. Kudos on the I'm so excited line ;)
Is it totally sad that I sometimes still watch that in the mornings? (hey, it's on when I'm getting ready!)

Katie said...

"Put your mind to it, Go for it! Get down and break a sweat. Rock and Roll- you ain't seen nothing, yet!" Can I be an honorary member of the team?

Mo said...

OMG, I love the shirts. Best of luck and for pete's sake, be careful. We're not as agile as we used to be.