3.10.2009

Pet Problems

I cannot believe how far behind I am on keeping up with my blog, as well as my friends' blogs. So sorry girls! They scolded me at our big girls weekend 2 weeks ago and I promised I would do a better job. (Am I starting to sound like a broken record?) I just got home from a week-long vacation in Florida, so I will post pics from that as soon as I get them all loaded on my computer. In the meantime, I am having some sleep issues I could use some advice on. I read this great article in Glamour magazine this month about how important it is to get your body's required hours of sleep every night, and how it can help you lose weight. The most inspiring part for me though is how important a good night's sleep is for preventing that groggy mid-afternoon feeling I always get. I always seem to lose concentration in the afternoon and turn to bad things (like soda) to keep me awake. If you want to check out the article, click here. So last night I got all settled in for a good night's sleep at a decent hour, and I was sleeping great til about 4:30 this morning, when my two cats decided to prowl around my bedroom and get into everything, making so much noise I couldn't sleep. So, I locked them out of the bedroom, and then they proceeded to cry and cry until I would let them back in. By the time they settled down on the bed and actually slept, it was 6:30, time for me to wake up. I was so exhausted! I know it is bad for your sleep to have pets in your bed, but the alternative for me is to have them crying outside my door, which isn't any better. Help! What do I do?

4 comments:

Christen said...

Can't advise on the pet situation, but I'm SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK! Yeah!

The Aguilars said...

My sister's cats do the same thing. I don't have any advice though b/c the pugs are big sleepers so I don't have to worry about that. Glad you are finally blogging again!!

Mo said...

They're just mad you were gone for so long...so they're taking it out on you at night. Smart little devils, I'm tellin' ya!
My advice - take 2 Tylenol PM around 9 PM. You'll be out cold for 8-10 hours.

Katie said...

Lock the cats out and go to your doctor and get a prescription for Ambien or Ambien CR. Tylenol PM gives me a terrible hangover. Ambien makes me feel like a million bucks the next day. Just make sure you give yourself 8 hours the first time you use it. You will sleep like a baby!
Good work on the blog by the way. See it's not so hard! :)