3.11.2009

Fabulous Florida Family Fun

Here are a few pictures from my 5 day vacation in Florida last week. It was so wonderful, I wanted to stay forever! Chris and I went down to visit my parents at their vacation home in Palmetto, which is near the Bradenton/Sarasota area. My brother was able to come too and it was so great to have everyone together. The first day we went fishing out on the boat. We didn't catch much but it was fun to be out on the water. We went out for a great seafood dinner that night, and unfortunately poor Chris got food poisoning, we think from a bad oyster. He did not have a good night, to say the least. He was a trooper though and was feeling okay the next day. He certainly didn't eat anymore seafood, but I think he enjoyed the rest of the trip. =) The rest of the week was just nice and relaxing, laying out by the pool and at the beach. My mom and I even managed to squeeze in some shopping time. It was hard to come back to the real world and the cold weather!


The building where my parents live, and the marina

Getting the boat ready to go out


Enjoying the ride down the Manatee River


Beach day
(I know my mom's hat is not my best look, but it kept me from getting burned!)



Dinner at the Bradenton Yacht Club
(you can see the boys did not re-apply their sunscreen at the beach like the girls did)


5 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like so much fun!

Christen said...

love your pics! let me know if i can go in the luggage next time. :-)

April said...

Yay! Looks like such a great time! Glad to see you in in blog land again :)

Katie said...

Great pictures! Look like fun! I am so impressed with all of the blogging!

The Aguilars said...

Looks like you had fun in Florida. I bet it was so nice to lie on the beach!